On Friday, after work, I went to Home Depot and rented a gas powered pressure washer. That night I spent 4 hours spraying the deck from top to bottom to strip it of dirt and the old stain. The next morning I went back to Home Depot and returned the pressure washer and picked up some deck stain from Sherwin Williams. Once I got back to the house I decided to mow the lawn to give the deck another hour or so to dry. By 12:00 it was well into the 90’s and the deck was bone dry. So I popped opened a gallon of stain and went to work on the deck with a paint brush. After an hour I realized that the deck was going to take a lot longer than I thought to stain. Since I didn’t want to work on Sunday, I decided to stick with it until I was done. I only stopped to get a drink 3 times and it still took me until 7:30 to finish. I worked a solid 7 ½ hours work in 90 degree weather but when I finished I was happy to have the deck done; although I was feeling a little sick and my neck and arms were sore from sun burn.
I think I actually had a bit of heat exhaustion but after a cool shower and some food and water I started to feel better. I don’t think I will be doing any more staining projects in the summer again, next time I’ll just wait unti fall.

It looks so nice! Good for you.
ReplyDeleteWOW! What a difference! It's kind of nice, one in awhile, to have your hard work pay off for a FUN reason. I'm glad to hear you're inviting people over. Sounds like your enjoying Iowa! Well, maybe not that humidity, but remember, after summer comes the fall! lol
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!