Lilly and I talked a lot about preschool before she started.
We picked out some cute new outfits and bought her a book bag. It was exciting
but also a little sad. A couple of days before school started Lilly asked me if
I was going to stand in the corner of the room while she was in school. I told
her no and she was a little sad. It broke my heart a little bit.
We went to meet her teacher and see her room. That seemed to help a lot. By the time the first day of school arrived she was ready to go. I walked her to her room, helped her hang up her stuff and wash her hands. She then gave me a kiss goodbye and ran off to play. The next preschool day I asked her if she wanted me to drop her off or walk her into the class. She said just to drop her off and she would be fine.
I was a little shocked about how sad I was. I thought I would enjoy the break which I do but I also kind of miss her. It was also sad just because she is getting older and that is always scary. I am now worried about all sorts of things I never even thought of before.
Lilly loves preschool and has made a lot of friends. Her best friend is a boy name Jack. I am not sure if he likes her as much as she likes him. It will be fun to see when I go into her class to volunteer. She loves all the crafts she does and playing on the playground. She has great teachers that she misses anytime they are gone. Since it is a Lutheran preschool they do Jesus Time and they do some funny prayers. I have tried to explain to her that our church has different prayers but she doesn’t seem to understand it.
We went to meet her teacher and see her room. That seemed to help a lot. By the time the first day of school arrived she was ready to go. I walked her to her room, helped her hang up her stuff and wash her hands. She then gave me a kiss goodbye and ran off to play. The next preschool day I asked her if she wanted me to drop her off or walk her into the class. She said just to drop her off and she would be fine.
I was a little shocked about how sad I was. I thought I would enjoy the break which I do but I also kind of miss her. It was also sad just because she is getting older and that is always scary. I am now worried about all sorts of things I never even thought of before.
Lilly loves preschool and has made a lot of friends. Her best friend is a boy name Jack. I am not sure if he likes her as much as she likes him. It will be fun to see when I go into her class to volunteer. She loves all the crafts she does and playing on the playground. She has great teachers that she misses anytime they are gone. Since it is a Lutheran preschool they do Jesus Time and they do some funny prayers. I have tried to explain to her that our church has different prayers but she doesn’t seem to understand it.
She is growing up! Happy/Sad!
ReplyDelete