We had a nice Christmas season. We visited Santa, mailed
letters to Santa, decorated the Christmas tree, made a gingerbread house, delivered neighbor
gifts, ate candy from the advent calendar and did all sorts of other fun
holiday activities.
Celebrating Christmas with a 3 year old was so much fun.
Lilly was very excited and asked me daily if it was Christmas Eve. I had to
show her where it was on the calendar each time. She kept telling people Santa
was going to land on her roof, sang ‘Jungle Bells’ and ‘Santa is Coming to
Town’ nonstop, and watched The Polar Express more times than I can count.
Because of Lilly’s obsession with The Polar Express the only
thing she wanted from Santa was a bell from Santa’s sleigh. She also told me at
one point she wanted ‘something that glows in the dark that goes in the sky’.
What that meant – who knows. She only asked for it once.
On Christmas Eve Tyson and Lilly started the day sledding. It was a really cold day so they didn't last
long.
We made Santa cookies and had a delicious dinner at Texas
Roadhouse. Our family does like the Texas Roadhouse; however, it would not
normally be our Christmas Eve choice. The only restaurants in the Quad Cities
open on Christmas Eve are the chained restaurants. Our choices were The Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, Chili’s, Applebee’s, and Texas Roadhouse –
we chose the Roadhouse.
After dinner we took a drive to look at Christmas lights.
Not very many people hang lights on their houses here. You have to do a lot of
looking to see a handful of houses. Lilly got excited each time though so it
was worth it.
When we got home the kids opened Christmas Eve presents. I
got Lilly a nightgown and slippers. She continuously talked about her friends
slippers so I thought she would like a pair. I am happy to say I was right. I
think it was one of her favorite presents and she wears them all night and day.
I tried to explain to her that they should be placed on the ground next to the
bed at night but she likes to sleep with them either on her feet or on her
pillow. Bennett got a stuffed alligator. His favorite part of the gifts was the
pretty ribbons.
Before bed we hung our stockings, built a fire, put the
cookies out and then Tyson read The Night Before Christmas to the kids. Lilly
went to bed easy and didn’t wake up until around 8:00 when Tyson woke her up
because he was excited.
Before we got to the tree we stopped to take pictures on the
stairs. Lilly was too excited and did not cooperate. When she went into the
room she just kind of stopped and stared wide-eyed at everything. Santa left
his bag and it was full of presents, he ate all of the cookies and left a note
and the stocking were full. We decided to read the note first and then she dug
into her stocking.
I am adding all of the stair pictures because I think it is funny watching Lilly hanging on to Bennett
We had a fun time opening presents; however, Lilly did get
distracted playing with some makeup she got and she couldn’t seem to focus on
opening more presents. I finally had to take it away from her so we could move
on.
I thought Lilly’s presents to me and Tyson were very cute.
She got Tyson a box of movie theater candy, popcorn, and a gift card to the
movies since she likes going to movies with daddy. For me Tyson had her pick
one out a small figurine animal since I like them. She got two hummingbirds –
one for me and one for her. I thought it was special she picked out the
hummingbirds all by herself because my Grandma Whitney loved hummingbirds and
had them all over her house. It was also funny she wanted one for herself.
| Lilly wanted to pose in front - haha |
| Bennett - stuffed alligator, PJ's, photo album, piggy bank, books, and some boy toys |
| Karen - toaster, clothes, a hat, movie, puzzle and journal |
| Tyson - clippers, socks, and family calendar |
After presents we did video chats with Grandma and Grandpa (aka: papa) Ballard and Grandma Kathy. Lilly then played with her toys while we prepared our Christmas lunch of funeral potatoes and ham. It was super yummy but we should have invited someone else over because we had WAY too much ham.







Love seeing it all, thanks for sharing. Great Christmas for your family. Lilly and Bennett looked happy. What fun things you did. Cute hats for everyone. Loved the picture on your card. I'll need an 8 by 10 to update your picture at home, maybe you'll do another one next year. All the pictures were great. Love you all and miss you too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a nice Holiday! I love your family picture.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big Bennett is getting! Your whole family looks so darling in these pictures. It looks like Santa was very good to you!
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
Mom (Kathy)