Tyson made sure I was settled in the hospital and Bennett was doing well before he went and picked up Lilly and brought her home for the night. We decided to let her have a good night sleep before having her come to the hospital. The next morning Tyson did a good job of getting her ready for the day and making her hair look nice. Then they came to the hospital. When Lilly walked into the room she wasn’t shy at all. She was excited to see me and jumped right into my bed. We introduced her to Bennett. The first thing she said when she saw him was ‘Oh Cute’. Lilly says ‘Oh Cute’ in a really cute way and she says it about a lot of things. It is very endearing. We asked her who the baby was and she said ‘Baby Bennett’. We spent the next couple of hours together as a new family of four. Lilly liked playing with the buttons on the bed, holding the baby, and watching TV. She also ate ½ of my lunch. It was a good thing I ordered a lot of food.
| I wish we took a picture of Lilly in her shirt. It says "I am the Big Sister". |
| I love this picture because Lilly can't keep her eyes off Bennett. |
To make Lilly feel like it was a special day for her we gave her a present and said it was from Bennett. She excitedly opened a brand new baby doll. She then wanted to swaddle the baby doll up just like Bennett. She had a baby and mommy had a baby. Unfortunately, at home she would just rather make Bennett her baby doll.
After Lilly ate my lunch Tyson took her home for a nap and then went and picked up my sister Angela and her little boy Logan up from the airport. After they stopped to eat they all came to visit me at the hospital. They wouldn’t allow Logan into my room since he was under 12 and wasn’t a sibling so Tyson took him grocery shopping while Angie and Lilly stayed to visit. It was really nice of Tyson to let Angie hang out with me for a couple of hours since it had been awhile since we had seen each other. I wish I would have taken a picture of Angie with Bennett since she was the only hospital visitor we had.
Although Angie was the only one to visit the hospital we did get to video chat with Grandma and Grandpa Ballard and Grandma Harris.
The next day was Sunday and Angie took both of the kids to
church so Tyson was able to come and help me get checked out and ready to go
home. The last day in the hospital is always a whirlwind. You have a whole
bunch of doctors come and check you and the baby to make sure you are ready to
leave, the social worker stops by to ask you survey questions, you have to fill
out all of your paper work, etc. etc, and we had a photographer (provided by
the hospital) come and take newborn pictures. You are also a little anxious to
get home but you are always a little nervous to leave and no longer have the
nurses there helping you. Luckily, I got one more hospital lunch before
leaving. I love free hospital food.
![]() |
| Lilly and Logan ready for church. |
Bennett’s Newborn Hospital Pictures:
![]() |
| Bennett in his coming home outfit |
We went on our way home around 1:00 pm. Once we got home we
had 3 and ½ hours before Lilly got back from church and we officially had two
children to take care of.








A very eventful and life changing few days! What a great little family!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Lilly looking at Bennett in the hospital! Wish I could come hold him for the day!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Lilly meeting her brother. It's so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had Angie there to help you that first week, and I was glad I could come help seven weeks later when you needed reviving! lol I had so much fun! You and Ty always make me feel so welcomed and show me such a good time even though you both are so busy! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete