Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lilly’s New Interests

Lilly is getting bigger and her interests have started to change. Here are some of her new favorite things:

Bears: Lilly loves bears. They are her favorite animal (at the moment). She collects all the bears she has and brings them to bed with her. She talks about them and loves to wrap them up in her blankets. I usually find one bear that Lilly has wrapped up in a blanket and put to bed in each room of the house. I am kind of shocked she has so many. She also loves watching YouTube videos of bears with daddy.


 
Princesses: I tried really hard to keep Lilly away from the princess scene. However, she has seemed to have figured it all out on her own. I am not sure how she learned about princesses. I am thinking it is from the princess commercial on the Disney Junior channel. She also likes Rapunzel and the Disney movie Tangled.
Now that she has learned about princesses she can’t stop talking about them. If someone is wearing a dress and a hat that looks like a crown they are a princess. She wants to be a princess and calls herself one every Sunday when we put her in her dress. She saw some of our wedding pictures and she called me a princess in my big dress. She also likes to play dress-up and is always a princess.
I finally broke down and got her some princess things. I bought her a crown, fancy jewelry and a princess book.

Sharks: Lilly has decided she is scared of sharks. If she sees one on TV she hides her eyes and usually comes over to me so I’ll protect her. I have no idea why she decided she is afraid of sharks. It is a little funny though.
 
I am so amazed with how much Lilly is learning. We talk about a word or subject and she’ll remember it a week or month later. I mention something to her once and she catalogs it in her little brain and pulls it out when she comes across it again. I assume she has forgotten but she shocks me every time.  She still remembers Christmas and likes to talk about Santa. She is also trying to figure out numbers and counting. She can count 2, 3, 6, 8, she can hold 2 fingers up and when she has 2 of something she can tell you but that is as far as her numbers go.  She also knows a couple of shapes and can tell you when something is blue.

2 comments:

  1. She is growing up and I miss her! She is very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is quite normal for Lilly to think about princesses...she is my little princess! I love her and miss her tons!

    ReplyDelete