Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sewing Machine

I bought a new suit two weeks ago because I don't fit in my old one anymore. I had the pants tailored  and the woman who did it didn't do a very good job. When I went to iron my pants in anticipation of a high profile meeting on monday I noticed that two of the seams were already coming apart.
 
So, in a rush I threw the pants in my car and ran to the cleaners to have an emergency repair done. Too bad when I got there I found out she wasn't going to be at work until Monday. So, I finally broke down and bought a sewing machine. I've wanted one for the last 2 years and I've spent easily at least $500 in tailoring since then. Looking back on it I should have just bought one.
 
After unpacking the machine I had to learn how to thread a bobbin and the machine. Luckily Singer included a DVD showing how to do all that. Then a few YouTube videos later and I was ready to sew my on my suit. Turns out it is much easier than I thought and the result is as professional as anyone could do.
Alterations - "Check".....Now it's on to learning how to make dress up clothes for Lilly.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Too funny, Ty! Dress-up clothes for Lilly. I've got to see that!
    Hey, did you know that Matt is moving to Houston? Our trip to Alaska ought to be interesting without him there! Dang! Oh well, I'm glad to see that you are mastering yet another skill! You are so much like your dad! lol
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed.

    Skirts are way easy with an elastic waistband and side seams. I am gathering up a package of dress-up clothes for Lilly from the sisters and the DI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now can you sew halloween costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sure, but the sewing my be more scary then the costume. :)

    ReplyDelete