Sunday, May 20, 2012

All Moved In

Tyson and I are finally all moved in. There are no more boxes and we received our brand new living room furniture. As soon as we receive our new dining room table we’ll record the house and do another virtual tour. 

We love having a house but have already realized that it takes a lot of upkeep.  We have had to fix a leaky faucet, a fallen shelf, a blocked dryer vent, sprayed for ticks (gross), some gardening, and fixed the showerheads. We have also done several home improvements projects such as painting brass fixtures to be a nice modern bronze color and updating the light fixtures on the outside of the house. Tyson built himself an amazing work bench for the garage and hung up all the pictures. I love having a handy husband.
The area is nice. The weather has been really great since we have gotten here. We have taken full advantage of our backyard and hot tub. We have started exploring the area. We went to the zoo on Mother’s Day Weekend. It is actually a nice size zoo for such a small population.  The area for sure doesn’t have as much to do as Charlotte did. We still expect visitors but don’t expect anything too fantastic. We can show you cornfields and John Deere facilities though.

Zoo Pictures






Enjoying the Backyard
Above is Lilly's new yard toy




We like the ward a lot. Everyone seems really nice and genuine. We haven’t had our records read in yet and no callings either.   
There are no Mommy and Me classes in this area. They have story time at the library and a really great Family Museum with some classes geared for kids Lilly’s age. However, we have found that both of these things take a summer hiatus.  So, Lilly and I signed up for a summer Mommy and Me swimming class. I hope she enjoys it. We are also getting a membership to the Family Museum and have found some friends in the neighborhood we do play dates with.

We are feeling good about the move and are excited to get settled in to Iowa.    

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Moved in! Can't wait to see the new tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics, cute family, cute house! Those darn home repairs. Just recently, our dishwasher went out one week after our home warranty expired. hehe What can ya do? Congrats again, and I'm happy to see you guys so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. I love the little pool!

    Grandma G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the tour!!

    ReplyDelete