Friday, September 2, 2011

Bar of Soap

Every time I give Lilly a bath she is extremely interested in the various shower products that sit on the side of the tub. One day I decided that I would stand Lilly up on the side of the tub so she could see everything. This was the first time she seemed interested to stand up so I thought I would help encourage it a little bit. Now I have to help Lilly stand up and play with the product during every bath. I know this is extremely dangerous…..but, she is my first baby and I am kind of a pushover. She is always supervised while standing.

Recently she discovered the soap dish that hangs on the wall and the pretty blue soap that sits there. She plays with it under the water. It slips out of her hands and she goes chasing after it. Eventually, during every bath, she tries to put the soap in her mouth. Because soap is gross tasting and according to The Christmas Carol, eating soap will cause blindness, I don’t let her do this. Then she starts crying and crying and crying. She cries like I am the meanest Mommy in the world. This signals the end of bath time.

I have tried hiding the soap but she always seems to find it. My plan is to take it out of the bath all together but I always seem to forget until after she finds it.

1 comment:

  1. I sure enjoyed seeing Karen and Lilly this past week. We miss Ty, but are looking forward to Christmas when the whole family can come out!
    Lilly is adorable and Grandma thinks she is pretty special! Love to all of you! (even Herbie)

    ReplyDelete