Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

My first Mother’s Day was very nice. It started off with Lilly falling asleep on my shoulder and letting me cuddle with her for a good 90 minutes. Cuddling like that is my favorite and she never does it. She must have known that it was Mother’s Day. Tyson made me an amazing dinner of Chicken Cordon Bleu. I told him all I wanted for Mother’s Day was an Éclair to eat. We didn’t know where we could buy good Eclairs here so Tyson made them for me out of scratch. They were the best Eclairs ever.




Tyson, Lilly, and Herbert bought me a beautiful charm bracelet for Mother’s Day. See pictures below. I am very grateful to have such a wonderful family.


A quick update about us – Lilly is getting so big. She is starting to be able to sit up by herself. When she chit chats she has added a nod into the conversation. She gets a really serious look on her face and starts to give you a lecture and then gives a couple of nods to make sure you understand what she is saying. It is very adorable.




Lilly and I have started going to a Mommy’s and Me classes. We sing songs and play games. She loves it. Sometimes the other kids will stick their hands out and she will grab them. She has held hands with half of the boys in the class. She is kind of a flirt. We have also gone to a couple of play dates with people in our ward and enjoyed ourselves.

Tyson and I are both doing good and keeping busy. Herbert is also enjoying himself. He is still fat and lazy. He has not learned any new tricks.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day, especially since it was your first! Lilly is cute as ever...I sure miss her!
    I'm pretty proud of my son too...I guess you know that he spoils you? But I can also tell that he spoils you because it brings him the greatest joy!
    You DO have a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete