The kids did well with the pictures. Lilly sometimes forgets
to smile pretty and Bennett was being a little shy but the photographers always
manage to get cute ones. Sometimes they get too many and it makes it hard for
me to narrow down my selection. I always end up with WAY too many pictures. I
only want the CD with the digital copies but you have to get the printed
pictures to go along with them. (If anyone would like a printed picture of the
kids just let me know.)
We decided to go to the Bettendorf City Easter egg hunt
again. I don’t know why I thought it was a good idea. It is the oddest,
weirdest Easter egg hunt ever. Last year I called it ‘funny’ but that was just
me being nice.
We arrived early this year since we knew it started right
on-time. We found our spot on the 3 and under field and waited for the countdown.
It was warm this year so that was a plus. When the countdown started all the
little kids ran out to the field before they were even finished. The candy was
already gone by the time they said ‘go’. Moms were picking up candy for their
kids and it was done within 5 minutes. Then to make matters worse they didn’t
even have the Easter bunny this year for pictures.
I take that back – there was a guy wondering around in an
Easter bunny outfit but he looked really questionable and I would not allow my
kids near him.
The whole thing was really trashy not put together
well. We have found that sometimes activities in the Midwest aren’t planned out
the best. I don’t think we will be attending the Easter egg hunt again.
Friday before Easter, we painted eggs.
The Easter bunny came on Saturday morning and hide all the
eggs outside since he knew that we had early church on Sunday. Lilly was hilarious finding the eggs. She was
SO excited. I could only get pictures of her in mid-run. She would squeal every
time she found one. She even helped Bennett find all of his eggs.










I love all those pictures, they are adorable!
ReplyDelete