Monday, November 18, 2013

Halloween 2013

Lilly was obsessed with Halloween this year. I think way more than normal 2 and 3 year olds usually are. I had to hear about Halloween daily for all of October. It didn’t get frustrating until November came and I still have to hear about it daily.


Lilly told me she wanted to be a witch and she stuck with it so we got her a witch costume. We also looked for a little broom but did not have any luck so Tyson made her one. It turned out really cute and made a good addition to her outfit. We wanted to go simple with Bennett so we got him some skeleton PJ’s and the cutest skeleton hat. I think the hat made the outfit.


Trunk-or-treating was the Saturday before Halloween at our church and we were lucky because Grandma Harris got to come with us. This is the second time we have had her at our trunk-or-treating and we told her it is now a tradition and she needs to come every year.

Our ward did a good job with trunk or treating. They had yummy food, fun games, and a lot of candy. The best part was watching Lilly stop at a car with a big spider that would jump out every couple of minutes. She got scared with the first jump and ran away. Then she wanted to sit and watch and laugh at everyone else getting scared. Yes, she likes to laugh at other people’s terror.    
 
 
Tyson had a busy end of month at work and school so we didn’t have time to carve pumpkins until Halloween Day. Trick-or-treating starts promptly at 5:00pm here and we didn’t get all of our pumpkins done. I do not like carving pumpkins so I wasn’t much help. I did get the kids ready though. I let Lilly go crazy with the markers on her pumpkin but she was WAY too excited about trick-or-treating to spend much time on that.

We were able to get out of the house around 5:15. We left a bowl of candy on the porch and headed down the street. It was a rainy and cold Halloween which decreased the number of trick-or-treaters. It also decreased the number of houses we went to. I went down and back up the street with Tyson and Lilly before returning to the house with Bennett (he was snug and warm in his carrier). Tyson and Lilly made it probably another 15 minutes before she got cold and wanted to come home.



I know this is blurry but it is a good one of Lilly running from one house to the next


Bennett pooped out after trick-or-treating
We did run out of candy but we purposely didn’t open up one of our big bags because I had plans to return it. There weren’t enough people at the end to use the whole bag. So instead we handed out some of the candy Lilly wouldn’t eat. When we ran out around 6:45 we turned off the light. Lilly did not like this though and she would sneak over and turn it back on; which means we had people ringing our doorbell when we didn’t have candy – we just ignored it. Trick-or-treating ended at 7:00 pm and we spent the rest of the night hanging out at home, eating candy, and keeping warm. I love trick-or-treating in this area and how it is all scheduled out by the city.

 

2 comments:

  1. Fun post. Darling kids! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I checked your blog again. You added a lot more pictures! The kids look so cute and it looks like they had a really good time.
    I love the two of them in their skeleton jammies! You have such a cute family. Missing you guys, but looking forward to next summer when more of us can come out! Lots of love, and hug the kids for me!

    ReplyDelete