Tyson’s office moved buildings recently so they had a work
party to introduce the new building to the families of the employees. It was a
fun little party with balloon animals, face painting, bouncy house, door
prizes, shaved ice, and dinner. Lilly got a dolphin painted on her arm and a
cat balloon. They even made Tyson a scary zombie balloon. We won two John Deere
toys and got to see Tyson’s desk. Lilly was excited to play on his phone and
computer.
Like last year, a garden store up the street from us sales
pumpkins and has some fun Halloween things. We went a little early this year so
they didn’t have as much stuff set up but we were still able to pick out
pumpkins and bounce in the bouncy house. We will probably go up there again in
the next week or two to do the rest of the Halloween things they set up like
the hay maze and another bouncy house.
I was looking for a
little kid scary corn maze in the area (surprisingly, they don’t have a lot of
corn mazes around here even though the whole state is a big corn field) and I
came across a local pumpkin patch and family farm called Pride of the Wapsi.
While we were there Lilly got to feed the goats, take a pony ride, play in the
corn box, ride the barrel train, and take a tractor out to the pumpkin patch.
Lilly did refuse to feed the goats though. She was still a little scared from
being bitten by the swan at the zoo. I was proud of her for getting on the
pony. I thought she was going to refuse to get on. I asked her what her pony’s
name was and she named him Horsy. Lilly is very practical when she gives things
names. If she has a dog she names it dog. If she has two dogs one is named big
dog and the other small dog.
The most recent thing that Lilly and I got to do together was going to the Disney Junior Live: Princess and Pirate Adventure Show. We had a Mommy and Lilly date. Tyson bought us 3rd row seats. Lilly was so excited and asked about it for about 2 weeks before we went. When we got there she wanted to go to her seat so badly that she didn't even want to stop for snacks. I had to convenience her to go back and get cotton candy (that is my favorite) after we found our spots. Lilly was really cute during the whole show. She only got a little antsy about 15 minutes before it was over. At the end of the pirate show they shot gold coins out of a cannon. She wanted one so bad I let her go up to the very front at the end and grab one. It was a piece of tissue paper cut in a circle but Lilly carries it around like it is a real coin.
One of the funniest things that Lilly does now is try to convince me of things "Today is Halloween" or "Maci is coming over today". Then when I try to correct her she simply tells me no I am wrong and it is really Halloween today. She was doing this while we were waiting for the show to start:
Lilly: The curtain is going up now.
Me: No, we still have 5 minutes before it starts.
Lilly Nope, it is starting now.
Me: No, we still have 5 minutes before it starts.
Lilly Nope, it is starting now.
lol the show is starting now.=) Sounds like she is tyson's kid;) Oh man, we miss you guys!! Love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteWow, all kinds of fun activities! Love seeing them. Then Grandma came and I am sure you have many more to post now.
ReplyDeleteYou always manage to do fun things! Lilly and Bennett are so cute. What a sweet family you have!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete