Sunday, August 11, 2013

Preparations

We have spent the last couple of weeks preparing for the arrival of Baby Bennett. Here are the things we have gotten done.

We finished the nursery.


We brought up all of the baby stuff from the basement, dusted them off and made sure everything was clean. Every time I brought something new up Lilly would say ‘Oh Cute’ in her sweet little voice she uses for that kind of stuff. She would then spend several minutes talking about the baby item and explaining to me how it works.  She is particularly enamored with the bouncy seat, car seat, and double stroller. She already knows what seat is hers in the double stroller (like Sheldon in Big Bang Theory).

My friend here in Iowa, Heather Bell, threw me a baby shower. It was an open house shower at our ward’s swim day. It was super nice of her and we all had a good time swimming and eating yummy food.


 
We finished buying everything that baby needs. We just need a new monitor now.

We have also been getting some things done around the house including painting the hallway, updating the guest bathroom, and cleaning the carpets. Lilly was hilarious while Tyson was painting. She sat in her little couch watching Tyson the whole time. About every 2 minutes she would comment on how pretty or cute Tyson's painting was and then she would thank him. Tyson had his own little cheerleading section for the chore.

 
Now I am just working on finishing cooking that baby – three more weeks!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gads, you are being really productive! I can't even bake the baby without getting tired. I am going to have to wait until he comes out to do anything. I saw all the stuff in the room and realized we have NOTHING. Well, Angela brought us a crib so that is a start. Mike bought 3 guns so we don't have money for a carseat;) My poor boy, he will be so envious of Bennett. I need to get some energy!! I love that Lilly is so excited. Gretchen is not impressed that we are having a boy. She still tries to call him girl names. I am sure it will be different when he gets here. You look great. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute mama even when pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I can't believe I've missed so many posts, I usually check quite often. But it's fun to see all that you did to get ready! Enjoy that cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete