Saturday, July 13, 2013

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July Weekend was a lot of fun this year, especially because Tyson had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off from work. On Wednesday morning Tyson took Lilly to the movies on a daddy daughter date. It was the first time Lilly has been to the movie theater so to make it special he bought candy, a drink and popcorn. They went to Despicable Me 2. Tyson said that Lilly enjoyed the movie for about 30 minutes and then probably spent the rest of the time enjoying watching people in the theater. She did really well though and lasted the whole time.


We started our 4th by going to our local parade. Tyson stayed home for that. Lilly and I were lucky to sit in between two families that were extremely interested in her filling up her candy bag. They thought she was so cute and small. She loved the parade. Her favorites this year where watching the big trucks and the dancing cheerleaders.


 
After the parade and a nap we played outside in the swimming pool. Tyson made a slip and slide for Lilly out of a tarp. Her favorite thing to play with was probably the hose though.


 
Once Lilly had her fill of playing in the water we took her to get fireworks and items for our dinner. The firework stand was extremely under stocked so we ended up with only a handful of items. We had a yummy impromptu picnic in our back yard and watched our small firework show. Lilly loved the Snaps the best. We bought two boxes and she enjoyed them so much I wished we would have gotten more. She was not a fan of the other fireworks though, they scared her. We kept asking her if she liked fireworks which she would say yes to but then we would ask her if we should light more and she would say NO. She won’t even hold the sparklers. It was a good thing we didn’t get very many items.

This is Lilly acting scared of the fireworks
Friday we spent relaxing and recovering from our adventures on the 4th. Lilly did have a swim lesson Friday that we went to. We took a fun Parents and Tots class where a parent goes in the pool with the tot. The next class up is the 3 year olds and Lilly was really ready to be in that class. She could do everything they taught in her class and was somewhat bored of it.
On Saturday we decided to explore the marshes over in Illinois, by Tyson’s work. The area we went to was set up as a park and had walking trails and some cool look out points. Tyson spent about 20 minutes unsuccessfully trying to catch Lilly a frog.  It was sweet that he tried though – Lilly said she wanted one. We saw lots of frogs, a turtle, a beaver, birds, and bunnies. The marsh was a little flooded so we couldn’t go on all the trails. But that was okay for my big pregnant self.




 

We tried to get a picture of my belly so everyone can see how me/Bennet are growing

 

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Tyson had a good amount of time off to enjoy the holiday with you. It was nice getting his call. I always enjoy talking to him.
    I think you have really settled into the mid-western life! I'm glad you take advantage of so many opportunities.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I hadn't read this. I thought I had because I saw the first picture but enjoyed seeing you all. Bennett is growing! Glad you are feeling okay. I know it is hard to be pregnant in the summer. Lilly and Tyson look good too. Glad you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete