skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Flooding of the Mississippi
Being here during the flooding of the Mississippi River has
been an interesting experience. We usually hear about it in passing on the news
but when you are here it is all you hear about. It has been crazy driving
around town and seeing the streets flooded. Luckily our house has not been
flooded but a couple of people in the ward/neighborhood have had their basements
flooded. It makes me thankful for a built-in sump pump and an unfinished
basement. We have had enough personal troubles with flooding.
It rained all last week. I know that we broke some records
but I can’t find them online. In one day it rained continuously throughout the
whole day – nonstop. The thundering and lightning here is also something I have
never encountered. The sound of the thunder is so loud since there are no
mountains and not many trees to break the sound. It scares me sometimes. It has
also scared Lilly and Herbert on occasion although we haven’t had any problems
with it waking either of them up at night, luckily.
 |
| This is a little hard to see but those are houses across the river. They are now in the river. |
 |
| There are whole neighborhoods that look like this |
If you would like to see more pictures of the areas flood
you can visit: http://host.madison.com/gallery/news/photos-quad-cities-flooding/collection_5b931fc0-6f51-5bc9-9961-a1220c398a3a.html#0
|
You guys are so good about posting. I really love checking on your blog to see what "my kids" are doing!
ReplyDeleteThe flood looks awful. I am so grateful that you are not in the water! I have seen the damage a river that over-flows can do!
Keep dry and thanks for sharing!
Glad you are on higher ground.
ReplyDelete