Friday, January 25, 2013

Lilly Builds A Fire


I taught Lilly how to build a fire. It started with her wanting to watch and help. Now that we are several weeks through winter she has had plenty of practice and takes the lead. Here are some photos of her hard at work....of course Lilly never gets to actually light the fire and I make sure to use a safety lighter that is kept hidden and out of her reach at all times.
.

First she brings in the wood from garage
 

Then she gets out the kindling from the kindle box.

Then she adds newspaper under the kindling.

Then she puts the logs on the fire.

Lilly enjoying the fire she built.

4 comments:

  1. She's going to make a great Girl Scout! lol She is so inquisitive and likes hands-on, I see! Give her a big hug from Grandma.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is, I've been telling people this but they always think I am one of those parents who brag on about their kids. The truth is there are a lot of things Lilly is just average at but she really has a mind for engineering and mechanical thinking that I haven't seen in other kids her age. She does a great job with her lego's. I bought her a automoblox http://www.automoblox.com/automoblox-originals/automoblox-c9p-sportscar.html She is always taking that thing apart and putting it back together. They say that only 5% of the population can look at blue prints and picture drawing 3 demensionally in their head. I think she is one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Her first face is so cute!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she's going to love camping! What a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete