Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a great Christmas here in Bettendorf. Christmas Eve was spent at home with the family. As tradition we went out for a Christmas Eve dinner. We found out really fast though that everything is closed on Christmas Eve here in Iowa. We tried going to a fancy restaurant since a couple of our other choices were closed but the fancy restaurant said they were only seating reservations since they were so busy. That left us with TGI Fridays. TGI Fridays is not a preferred restaurant for either Tyson or I. However, they were open, warm and we were hungry. The food was pretty yummy so we were happy with our decision.

When we got home we opened our Christmas Eve present (Lilly’s P.J’s). Then I got Lilly ready for bed while Tyson made a fire. Once Lilly was dressed in her cute Christmas P.J’s Tyson read her Twas the Night Before Christmas. She was very cute during the book and was excited about seeing Santa in the book. Lilly went right to bed and slept until 9:00 am in the morning.
 
On Christmas morning Lilly woke up to a brand new rocking horse. I was so sure she was going to see it and get so excited but she really didn’t know what to think of it and didn’t want to sit on it. So we put it aside and let her tear into everything else. She had so much fun and got spoiled as usual. Tyson got some new clothes and shoes, I got a photo album and a nice robe, and Lilly got new toys.
The traditional Ballard picture on the stairs
 
Lilly's Christmas

Lilly couldn't stand not being next to her presents while I took pictures

Karen's Christmas

Tyson's Christmas - minus one pair of shoes
For Christmas breakfast we had crepes. We usually have a bigger breakfast but with Tyson’s diet he wouldn’t eat anything else and it would have been a lot of food for me to eat. A lot of it would have gone to waste since we were leaving for Utah.
After Christmas was cleaned up I (by myself) finished packing Lilly, Herbie, and me, cleaned the house, and packed the car. I don’t know how I got stuck doing all of that on my own. Lilly used this time to finally play on her rocking horse. We left for Utah about 12:00 on Christmas and drove straight through to Cheyenne, Wyoming. It was a long drive but I am glad we waited to leave on Christmas day.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You guys did a ton of stuff during your Christmas break. You probably needed to get home to rest! It was sure great seeing you and getting to play with Lilly. Christmas is all about family, and I am so grateful to be the mom of my kids, the mother-in-law to amazing daughters-in-law, and Grandma to such beautiful and wonderful grandchildren. That is my BEST Christmas present of all!

    ReplyDelete