Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shush

We went to our local Botanical Gardens for the Pumpkin Extravaganza. It was not decorated very well and the gardens were tiny. This activity was not worth the $6 per person. It should be $2. We did get some cute pictures and it was good family time.




After the Botanical Gardens, Lilly and I went to our local library’s story time. We sat next to an interesting mother and daughter. The mother was insisting her 16 month old daughter sit quietly on her lap. Like most 16 month olds the daughter wasn’t having it. So the mother began yelling at her, rather loudly and forcing her to sit still. The rest of us in attendance tried to quietly ignore the awkward situation. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of ignore them when Lilly decided it was her job to fix it. She started to put her finger up to her mouth and shushing the mother and daughter, loudly and frequently. It was embarrassing but also hilarious. I tried to explain we don’t do that to other people but she kept doing it. Lilly is a little bit bossy.

3 comments:

  1. Funny. There were probably a lot of people thankful that Lilly shushed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling picture. She can't help it. She wants to run things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that Lilly has her own mind! Good luck with that! Good for her though, the mother needed shushing!

    ReplyDelete