Monday, July 16, 2012

A Day in the Life of Lillian Louise


A Day in the Life of Lillian Louise
At 19 months

It has been a long time since I got to blog and tell you about myself. A lot has changed in 15 months. I am walking, talking, going to nursery, fighting with Herbie and sometimes being naughty. I no longer sleep all day long. I only take one nap.

I start off the morning with Mommy coming and getting me around 8:00 am to 9:00 am (yes, I sleep that long). I am still a really good sleeper and I still smile whenever I see Mommy come in. Once I am awake Mommy and I go down stairs while she starts work. I need about 15 minutes to wake up before I am ready for breakfast. For breakfast I have a yogurt, a handful of cereal or toast and jam, and some milk.

After breakfast I sit next to Mommy and watch some cartoons on TV while she is working. I love Mickey Mouse’s Playhouse and saying “Oh Toodles” whenever the rest of the characters do. I also love watching Pluto the dog jump up and down. It makes me giggle. Usually I watch about 15 minutes next to Mommy and then I get board so I start playing with toys.

My favorite game is to get an empty basket and some small toys and filling up the basket with the toys, dumping them out, and then filling it up again. I also like to pile as many toys as I can right next to Mommy while she is working. Some toys that I like are dolls, stickers and coloring, balls, puzzles, and my baby stroller.   

Sometimes while Mommy is working I get kind of lonely so I want to sit on her lap or sit on the armrest with her arm around me. It makes it very difficult for Mommy to work and she starts getting really frustrated until she moves me back to my spot. However, overall, I do pretty well during the mornings.

Around 12:00 pm I eat my lunch (usually a sandwich) and then Mommy puts me down for a nap. I won’t go up to my nap until I find my binky and give Herbie a kiss.

I sleep for about 2 hours and then I am up and ready to play. By this time Mommy is done with work so we can do fun stuff. Some things we do together are playing outside, going to a friend’s houses, running errands, going swimming, or hanging out at the Family Museum. Mommy does a pretty good job at keeping me entertained.

After some play time we head back home and clean up the house and get ready for dinner. I am an excellent helper with both. I help with wiping the table, changing laundry, and picking up my toys. I can also throw things in the garbage when I am asked to. When it is time to make dinner I like to help pour and stir things. If I am not helping, I cry at Mommy’s leg until she picks me up and lets me help. I am a little naughty at dinner time.  

Once everything is ready to eat I make sure to remind Mommy and Daddy to say a prayer before eating.


After dinner I play for an hour or so until it is 7:30 and time to get ready for bed. Then comes bathing, teeth brushing, pajamas, book, prayers, kissing goodnight, singing and bed. I liked to be tucked in bed tight and surrounded with stuffed animals.

On the weekends I spend time with Mommy and Daddy working on the house or exploring the Quad Cities. On Sunday we got to church. I am getting better sitting quietly during Sacrament. I also go to nursery. I still cry a little bit when Mommy leaves but then I calm down and have a good time with the other kids. It is way better than sitting through the adult classes. 

3 comments: