Sunday, April 1, 2012

Virtual Tour of Our House

About 4 weeks ago Karen and I went up to Iowa with Lilly and did some house hunting. Click here to read about that. In the few weeks that have gone by the realtors, attorneys and banks completed the home inspections, prepared the title and deed and wrote the loan. The only thing standing in our way of ownership was our signatures on it.
Karen didn’t think it was necessary to fly all the way back up to Iowa just for the closing and since it was a savings of $400 in airfare we decided to have her sign a power of attorney; giving me signing authority on her behalf.
Well, I flew up to the quad cities on Friday morning, did the final walk through and then closed on the house that afternoon. I decided that since we wouldn’t be back for a few weeks that I should change the locks and mow the lawn. So, I went to Home Depot and bought a Honda Mower (they don't make Deere walk behind mowers anymore) and new door locks. That evening I setup the mower, put on the new door locks and went to bed on an air mattress I brought in my suit case.
The next morning I got up, mowed the lawn and went back to Home Depot to get a garden hose to wash off the mower. Once everything was done and put away I took video of the house so that anyone who would like to see it can take a virtual tour of or home here.
Note: I increased the frames by 50% so the video is a little jumpy but it takes less time that way.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. Congratulations you guys. It looks like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the video. That was fun; it felt like I was being given a personal tour. It's such a wonderful feeling having all of the t's crossed and the i's dotted and the keys in your hands! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the yard. It's so big and easy to maintain. Lilly has her own park now! You guys did good, looks like a nice clean house and a good neighborhood. That was the next best thing to actually being there for a tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks nice and big for all of us to come visit and a big yard!:)

    this is rachel but I have to put anonymous because my mom is busy and can't help me change it:)

    ReplyDelete