Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome to North Carolina

Getting from Utah to North Carolina was quite an experience. The flight from Utah to Phoenix was the worse. Herbert decided that he did not like his carrying case and sat there scrapping at it and whimpering the whole flight. We got worse looks from people then if we had a screaming baby. Tyson gave him a second sedative pill so he would make it through the next flight.

The second flight was going a little better. Herbert was whimpering a little quieter and stopped scrapping at his carrier. I thought we were going to make it through without any major breakdowns until… about 30 minutes before we landed, I accidently bumped Lilly’s head against the seat in front of us. Then she lost it and wouldn’t calm down until the flight was over. Lilly and I will be flying together again but I will never ever bring Herbert on a flight with us.

For anyone that might be flying with a dog make sure to double the prescribed sedative pill before you get on the flight.

I knew we were on the way to the South when the guy next to us got on drunk (at 8:00 am) and had a long discussion with Tyson about NASCAR. He asked us what city we were moving to and then asked Tyson if he was working for a NASCAR driver. Apparently, the town we live in has a couple of NASCAR pit-crew individuals living here. That 5 minutes was the longest conversation I ever had about NASCAR in my life.

Now that we are here in the apartment I really like the area and the apartment. We live in a really cute complex that has a pond with ducks and little creeks that run around it. We have a couple of ducks living outside our section and we look at them through the windows. Herbert loves having windows and a deck. Although, he doesn’t like the loud telephone guy that lives next door. We try to keep him quiet because we don’t want to pay the $250 pet fee.

There is also a swimming pool on the property. It hasn’t opened up yet but I already got a swimming suit for Lilly. We are all prepared to take full advantage of it.

Next to the apartments is a really cute shopping center. It kind of looks like the Gateway, in Utah but a little fancier. We drove through it on Sunday and there were a lot of people walking around. Most of them were around our age and had kids. Tyson says that they have live music there during the weekends.

That is all I have explored so far. I am reading a guide book and am excited to go to some of the cool places during the weekends. We’ll be all prepared for our first visitors.

The only thing that we need now is all of our stuff. Tyson called today and the truck checked-in in Illinois at 12:00 am. It has been a nightmare being here without anything but a bed. Lilly is so fussy because her only options are laying down or being held. She just wants her stuff back so she can play and sit in her bouncy chair. We finally got her one of those bouncy saucers. I am going to try and figure out how to upload video on the blog so you can see how cute she is on it.

7 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I'm so glad you're going to blog! This will help keep us informed as to what you guys are doing!
    I love that picture of Lilly! She is so cute!
    I'm glad you like your new apartment and I'm happy to hear that you are planning on exploring on the weekends. That will be so much fun!
    Love you guys,
    Mom (Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blogging world!! im so glad your blogging now I can keep in touch with you in more then 1 way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Cute pictures and good information. I have been wondering how you were doing. I am sorry that you have not got your stuff. That would be awful. A pool will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen I love this blog! Miss you already but so glad that you are enjoying the area, love the video of Lilly!! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen --

    Jack recently learned that Venus Fly Traps are native to North Carolina, and he wants to know when you are going to send him some.

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you started a blog. Hope you get your belongings quickly so you can start to enjoy your new adventure. We can't wait to come visit you. The ducks sound like a lot of fun. So does the convenient shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Tyler...that’s funny because Just yesterday on my way to work I tuned into this radio segment about gardening and the topic was caring for carnivorous plants. I thought, that’s a very narrow and specific topic to talk about in gardening. Now I get why.

    ReplyDelete